About my Blog

A pleasurable journey on baking, embarked at the spur of the moment but still indulging in it.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wilton Course 3

These full bloomed roses had to be made in advance for the finale cake presentation. For two days, I sat in front of my television set and worked on these blooms from late afternoon till past midnight. I made twenty five of these.

Next, doing the medium bloom in a slightly lighter shade of pink. This took me another day to make twenty stalks. On top of these, I had to make and attach the calyx to all the roses. By the time I'd completed, my bottom was so sore from sitting.

Finally, came the leaves which is the simplest of all. The only thing left was to prepare and cover the cakes and make sure all these dried up in time. The weather was not in my favour and so I had to turn on my air-conditioner. What an expensive lot of flowers!

This is my final presentation for the cake. I piped the borders, attached the cut-outs, arranged the flowers and completed my mission. I received my certificate for course 3 at last!