Mum asked if I can make a chiffon out of dragon fruit as she loves that. I remembered seeing a recipe in Kevin Chai's book and I'd agreed to try it out. The reason I said try is because I always have failed chiffon from his book and so despite having a bad feeling, I went ahead to try as I don't want to let her down. True enough, I failed. It sank. I didn't give up though and went out to try out another using my own judgment. Alas, I did it! Though it didn't sink, the intensity of the fruit taste isn't sufficient. Based on this recipe, I've decided to increase the portion of the fruit puree. In fact, I'm rather surprise that there isn't a tint of pink.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Dragon tale I
Mum asked if I can make a chiffon out of dragon fruit as she loves that. I remembered seeing a recipe in Kevin Chai's book and I'd agreed to try it out. The reason I said try is because I always have failed chiffon from his book and so despite having a bad feeling, I went ahead to try as I don't want to let her down. True enough, I failed. It sank. I didn't give up though and went out to try out another using my own judgment. Alas, I did it! Though it didn't sink, the intensity of the fruit taste isn't sufficient. Based on this recipe, I've decided to increase the portion of the fruit puree. In fact, I'm rather surprise that there isn't a tint of pink.