About my Blog

A pleasurable journey on baking, embarked at the spur of the moment but still indulging in it.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

New obsession

I have developed an interest into breadmaking so intensely that I tried the different ways which it can be done. The latest method is the one which I had been holding back, tang zhong method, which involves making a dough at 65 degree C and then incorporate a portion into the main dough. Few popular bloggers tried and succeeded and raved about the texture. I was naturally attracted but didn't get down to doing it because I couldn't get to the correct texture then even from the simplest method. I daren't try. However, with each succeeding trial, I gained my confidence and it sparked this attempt.


These are bread dough after prooving and they rose beautifully.


This is the baked roll which is really soft.


I think this method yielded the softest bread and lasted the longest taste testing time.

A pork floss roll done with the bread. It really bites like those selling by branded bread shops.