About my Blog

A pleasurable journey on baking, embarked at the spur of the moment but still indulging in it.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Oven Lesson 1

I often see some blog sites linked to one popular site named Big Boys Oven. There are many beautiful and tempting desserts which make this blog very well received. When I learned that they would be here for classes conducted over 2 days, I tried to be selective over the three classes but ended up attending all. Well, I must really thank father this time round as he didn't sound any displeasure which I am very grateful.

First class was on Friday which I attended the earlier session at 2 pm. There were three recipes in all.
This recipe is good and unique. I didn't imagine that the macaron tart top could be baked together which simplifies washing up and reducing the amount of preparatory work.

I'm not a 'sourish' person so I'll definitely adjust the acidity to suit my taste buds. SH and Fionn preferred it sweeter as well but I think SL would really love this as she is the only person who has a higher level of acid immunity. However, they are great too. Comparing the before-after pictures showed how important 'dressing up' is.

This is the final recipe and has the most accolades.

This variation of the Green Tea tasted bitter to me which was probably due to the intensity of the powder used. Like what the instructor Sunny said, adjust to one's liking.

These variations looked so pretty, a myriad of colours, unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to try them.
This had been a rather small class, about ten of us and we had the opportunity to try some hands-on for making the tart shell.