
When I need to make a sponge cake, I'll always be extremely cautious. Comparatively, much more careful than making a chiffon. After making two successfully, this was the final one that were used for making a birthday cake for Ryan. I'm a perfectionist at heart, so I'll try to do the best for every detail. Even though people told me that eventually, the cake would be concealed by the cream and decoration, I just can't cross that hurdle. So I'm glad that the sponge cake came out nicely.

A simple, no frill decoration with Van Houten Chocolate with assortment of nuts.

Happy Birthday, Ryan. I'll always remember that day when you caress my hand which was inserted with a plug for the drip after delivering Nataniel. You were just six years old but you came over to my bedside and gently asked if I were in pain. That moment just melt my heart.