About my Blog

A pleasurable journey on baking, embarked at the spur of the moment but still indulging in it.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

French Ladder


It seems that the bread bug has hit on me again. When I encountered problems in making the wholemeal loaf from Chef Audrey's recipe, it dawned on me that my bread making skills needed revision. That episode had aroused my dormant feelings on breads again. Recalling some recipes taught by Chef Daniel Tay which I haven't attempt, I singled one out which I made by merging the methods taught by both Chef Daniel and Chef Audrey. This is an Olive and Mixed herbs Fougasse. Apart from the black olives, which had been intentionally reduced , I gave myself a pass in comparison. Unfortunately, there isn't any class by Chef Daniel or I could have his critique.

French ladder, which Fougasse is also known as, can be shaped differently. I prefer it this way.