About my Blog

A pleasurable journey on baking, embarked at the spur of the moment but still indulging in it.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

No skill needed


Bought a box of Korean Mochi Bun Mix from City Super in Taipei three weeks ago. I remembered Happy Homebaking had a post on this and the buns looked so cute in the picture. Since the instruction was printed in Korean, I had to rely on Happy Homebaking's guidance in her blog post. For future reference, I shall just include it here:

1 pack of mochi bun mix ( there are two packs in a box)
1 egg
70 ml water ( I used milk)

Mix well into a dough, which was rather dry and difficult to mix initially. Continue kneading till a dough is formed. Divide into 9 to 10 portion, round them into balls on a lined tray and rest for 15 mins. Pre heat oven at 180 deg C. Spray water over the mochi balls before baking.