A recipe taken from a Chinese book titled 'Cake Classics' ~ 蛋糕教室 ~ 许正忠. Through the FB group, I gathered that he is quite a popular baker and instructor from Taiwan among Malaysian baking enthusiasts apart from Ms Carol Hu. While we have mainly local, Japanese and European bakers/authors giving lessons here, the Malaysians are receiving well known Taiwanese counterparts. Could it be due to our language disability? It's really a pity that they are not visiting here.
The instruction in this book is rather brief so I had to figure out some part on my own.
奶油杯子蛋糕
Recipe
(To fill 10 pudding mold)
A. Egg yolk 100g, castor sugar 65g
B. Egg white 125g, castor sugar 50g
C. Low protein flour 70g, corn flour 30g
D. Milk 40g, butter 75g
Method
1. Whisk A till pale white
2. Whisk B till stiff wet peak
3. Sift C, combine well with A and B
4. Double boil D, add into step 3 and pour into mold ( 3/4 filled), top heat 200C bottom heat 150, bake for 25 mins
Tips from Chef
1. Whisk egg yolk till batter doesn't drip from finger
2. Optional to sprinkle some raisins in mold
3. Maintain double boiled mixture of butter and milk at 60C
4. Have an additional tray at the bottom (to prevent excessive bottom heat)
I might have over baked the cakes as I did not follow the specified temperature. Not a very well baked top, and I preferred topping up with cream.
