About my Blog

A pleasurable journey on baking, embarked at the spur of the moment but still indulging in it.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

A colourful time

Chanced upon this class conducted by Sugar Inc and had decided to give it a go.  I was to decide between Ombre or Rainbow cake, tough decision because both are equally attractive, but I finally rest my decision on Ombre.   


 Done batter for the cake, sponge cake base.

 I had chosen rose pink as the colour theme

 The five layers of cake sponge in different shades of pink

 
Base coat for the stacked cake.  I did not carry on with the cream coat since I was doing a full flower ombre.  The cream was turning soft  and wasn't holding the shape well.  Besides, I had to rush for Mother's day dinner with the in-laws, thus completing the cake quickly would be more favourable.


The completed look of my cake, which displayed clearly the running of the cream.  I had forgotten to take a proper shot of the done up cake in my haste to leave.  This was captured in the box on the way home.  Regrettably, it slided off and smeared against the side of the box.