About my Blog

A pleasurable journey on baking, embarked at the spur of the moment but still indulging in it.

Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Christmas!

I'm not a christian but I've always feel that Christmas is a very special day. Somehow, it exudes a peaceful, loving and homey feeling. Looking across my living room, I can see my neighbour's floor-to-ceiling fresh-looking christmas tree decked with lovely ornaments every year. It feels like a scene from the picture book 'If you take a mouse to a movies' - very Christmassy and storybook-like. Putting my fingers into counting, this would be the 25th Christmas that CC and I had celebrated. How time flies indeed!
It was raining and the weather was gloomy for the past two days. I dislike making breads on rainy days but I'd planned to do this Panettone for Christmas. These were not up to my expectation and will have to schedule for a re-do.