About my Blog

A pleasurable journey on baking, embarked at the spur of the moment but still indulging in it.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Oven Lesson 3

The final lesson started at 2.30pm after a lunch break with some of us continuing from the morning.




This recipe was done with Valhorna white chocolate buttons and raspberry puree sandwiched between a white sponge. I remembered someone asked the instructor why it was known as a white sponge. Apart from this, I remembered someone also posed a question on the the percentage of the white chocolate which to me is rather queer. I always thought that there's only one kind of white chocolate??? Then there were few people who found the cake 'too rich' in taste, which was quite bizarre to me too. Shouldn't white chocolate be rich in taste to be creamy and titillating? I found this cake very yummy and will be great for birthday.



This was a recipe that upset a number of people on the quantity and utility of ovalatte and they really didn't hide that. I think it would be appropriate to adjust or exclude that to our own discretion but I'm amazed that there are people who don't keep their opinion to themselves. While I agree that I would try to minimise on the use ovalatte, I probably would have use another sponge recipe. Back to this cake, I don't remember eating chempedak before and such, the taste of the fruit was quite over-powering. I was telling a new-found friend, Wendy, that it should taste good with durian.



The last cake was the reason why I signed up , the Bamboo Charcoal powder which I had requested CC to purchase from Taiwan, was used in this particular recipe. I was hoping to buy the powder in bigger quantity so as to try out on making breads.


Not a disappointment at all, in fact, having the sesame cream in between taste heavenly.


I'm very happy to have attended the lessons as I get to know Wendy, a blogger whose site I usually read.