Attended a lesson on muffins and scones by Audrey Tan, the author of the book "Lust", at Shermay's yesterday. In fact, I was torn between going to her class and Valarie's. I have not attended any of her class before so I have no idea how her bakes would turned out. Well, I figured that Valarie may repeat her class so I went ahead to sign up for Chef Audrey's. Shermay mentioned that the class yesterday was the first she gave as a demo class, the one before was a hands-on donut class.
Chef Audrey Tan brought along three of her crew, the pastry chef who did most of the demonstration was Bridget. She seemed very experienced and precise in her forte. Along with her is a tall, Malay guy named 'Dayad'. There was no name tag was seen on him so I presumed that's how his name was spelt. He showed us how to do the crumble using the 'rubbing-in' method. Another young lady, Candy, helped with demonstrating to the class the technique of peeling and slicing the apple into cubes in a much faster and easy way.
First recipe demonstrated was this Apple Cinnamon Muffin.
Second recipe in the pack, a very lemony and versatile muffin.
A variation of the Lemon Crumble Muffin.
The last muffin recipe which I think mum would like.The class resumed after a five- minute break with the making of scones. This is the reason of my attendance.
I like them, especially the Mixed Grain Scones. Chef Audrey made it the American Style, as she said it, more flat and bigger in diameter.On the whole, I think the bakes taste good. Even after a day, the muffins remained soft and non oily. The tastes of the muffins still as they were and the buttery taste of scones was very super.