About my Blog

A pleasurable journey on baking, embarked at the spur of the moment but still indulging in it.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Will it be as good?

Some recipes on Yuzu Chiffon cakes utilize the fruit itself, zest and juice. Few uses the Korean version of Yuja-cha or citron tea. It is made with yuzu, honey and sugar and packaged like a bottle of marmalade. I favour the use of the fruit because it's natural of course, besides, I believe the cake will only emit the fragrance of the Yuzu. Since this is not the season for the fruit to be imported in, I made a test run with the Yuja-cha. This bottle of Yuja-cha doesn't taste as sweet as the previous one I had and it was really packed with the fruit peels too. It is definitely ideal to use as the ingredient substitute.

It was indeed fragrant, sweetness is just right too.

How would the real fruit fare? I must find out when the fruit is in.
Posted by Picasa