About my Blog

A pleasurable journey on baking, embarked at the spur of the moment but still indulging in it.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

It must be beautiful!

This is the last of Chef Audrey's bread recipes and I'm very satisfied that I have attempted all. Though in the class she had tomato confit as the topping, I changed it to suit the boys. Before I could even snap a photograph, those with the cheese toppings were gone!
Chef Audrey's recipe doesn't utilize any sponge dough but it also turned out soft. I realized that this recipe makes a good pizza base too.

Focaccia has a distinct feature: the punctures on the bread. I can't help but associate them with dimples on our faces. Granny told me when I was a child that those who has dimples on their faces grow up to be good-looking people. Well, if this is true, then Focaccias must be a beautiful since it has so many dimples.