
After hesitating for so long, I have eventually completed this recipe by Valerie. Since starting on this blog, I have been sending her copies of my photographs for the bakes made with her recipes. I'm glad to learn that she found them useful and hope that she will be successful in her recent endeavour. Flipping through the numerous recipes, this cake is one which I hadn't plan on making because of the amount of work involved. To put it on record, four separate days were used, from making the praline to the assembly of the cake. In any case, I soldiered on. Hoping that whilst enjoying on great cake, I can also send Valerie more photographs to assist her in building up her portfolio gradually.

The cottony chocolate sponge cake, coated with the union of almond praline and cream cheese is well worth the effort. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.