About my Blog

A pleasurable journey on baking, embarked at the spur of the moment but still indulging in it.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Curiosity

Came across this Chiffon while visiting Anncoo's blog. I love chiffon and according to what she had described, this chiffon just rake up my curiosity. I wondered how mango tastes like after baking. Would it be as aromatic as banana puree? I have tasted Mango mousse cake, mango pudding and mango ice cream but as chiffon cake???

Well, I was quite put off doing this initially as the recipe included one tablespoon of Baking powder. In any case, I carried on in order to obtain the answers to my questions. I should say that the end product is very very soft. However, I think it could be the quantity of baking powder used. The baked mango cubes lost their sweetness and the overall taste is rather bland. Maybe sugar was reduced from the original recipe??? My conclusion? I prefer banana anytime and cold mangoes :)