About my Blog

A pleasurable journey on baking, embarked at the spur of the moment but still indulging in it.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mystery of the Chiffon cake

It was one of the few mysteries which left me some sleepless nights. I had not encountered chiffon recipes that was so engaging in the mind as those by Chef Christopher Tan. Since the Chiffon class 101 last year, I couldn't understand why I couldn't achieve 100% in making his chiffon cakes. Occasionally, when I chanced upon learning that other fellow classmates whom had attended could get it right, I was exasperated! How can I overcome that 20% failure was what prompted me to attend his Chiffon 201 lesson last Saturday. Though the cakes weren't baked in chiffon pans, I'm glad that I came home with a hypothesis and today, a conclusion is drawn. I have succeeded and the mystery solved.


This Chiffon cake is really tall and big. I don't normally use my 25 cm Chiffon pan, but Chef Christopher's recipes call for that size. Even without a very nice brown skin, I pride myself in achieving what I had set out to do and completing the task.


Now it's time to take out his recipes and make my money worthwhile.